Saturday, July 25, 2009

Kobe Asia Tour: Philippines

I've always been a basketball fan ever since I was a kid. I think it all started with collecting basketball cards and just evolved from there but when it comes to basketball skills, lets just say that I'm more of a watcher than a player. My basketball skills on the hardwood pales in comparison to my skills on basketball video games. I can probably beat most people on video games but someone with some skill on the hardwood can easily take me to school.

Anyway, when I heard that Kobe Bryant one of the best basketball players in the world is coming to the Philippines again for a one day affair I just had to be there. Two years ago when Kobe was here I heard he put on a pretty good show and schooled most of the college players that participated in his sampling of his "Blackout" workout. (I'm looking at you Kirk Long you really gassed out). Luckily, due to the nature of my work, I got to score pretty good seats for this years event. Here's a couple of snapshots from the event.

Kobe comes out to a huge ovation from the crowd.


Kobe chats it up with the hosts.



Kobe faces up...




and drives to the hoop!


Kobe then ends the event by giving out autographed basketballs too bad i didn't get one. I was pretty suprised when it ended kind of quickly and it was obvious that the crowd wanted more of Kobe. Overall, it was a pretty good show with Kobe showing a bit of his moves on the court and showing off to the crowd. Mabuhay ka Kobe! at sana sa sususnod ibato mo yung autographed ball mo sa may area kung san ako nakaupo hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment