Sunday, July 19, 2009

Smackdown and ECW Live Event

I've always been a wrestling fan ever since I was a kid. From Hulk Hogan dropping his patented legdrop to Randy Savage flying off the top rope with an elbow, I loved every minute of it. Like most kids back then it seems like everyone was into wrestling or had some semblance of what it is. Up to this day almost everyone I've known knows about the rumor about the Ultimate Warrior and his biceps allegedly exploding because his arm tassles were too tight. But unlike most people I never grew out of my Wrestling phase and my fondness for sports entertainment has gotten stronger. I just love the soap opera/ass kicking/entertainment aspects of it.

Finally, last week I got to watch a WWE live event for the first time. They already had 2 previous events here in the country but I never got to see any of them so I was determined to watch this time around. Pagkakitang pagkakita ko pa lang ng wrestling ring sa gitna ng Araneta, sobrang na astigan na ako. The Araneta Center is packed all the way to the rafters with all kinds of wrestling fans from different ages. Halos lahat ata nung tao dun nilabas ang kung anong wrestling t-shirts and gear na meron sila. Of course, I also wore my own DX shirt even though both members of DX werent there. From the mid carders and to the main event the crowd was hot. I expected a great show and all the WWE wrestlers definitely delivered. The only downside to the show was that it was too short. Anyway, here's the highlights of the show.

Wrestling Ring!

My 1st Live Match John Morrison Vs Shelton Benjamin


World Strongest Slam!

Divas Action!
Michelle Mchool & Alicia Fox Vs Melina & Gail Kim

Punjabi Plungeeeee!!!!

ECW Championship
Christian Vs Jack Swagger Vs Tommy Dreamer(c)
Sigaw tayo lahat!
ECW! ECW! ECW!

Holy Crap! Boston Crab tsaka Sleeper Hold Sabay!

The Innovator of Violence retains his Championship


Chris Jericho called me a hypocrite and a failure and I enjoyed every minute of it. Haha!


Intercontinnental Championship Chris Jericho Vs Rey Mysterio (c) with special guest referee Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat



Walls of Jerichoooooooo!!!!



Mysterio Retains the IC Title



Jeff Hardy Pumps up the crowd



CM Punk makes his way to the ring for his match.



Bulldog!!!



Front Suplex by Hardy!



CM Punk reverses the pin and He retains the Title.

All in all a great night of wrestling action and I got a new shirt (yeah!). For more pictures you can visit my facebook account.

2 comments:

  1. Hi if your looking for some meet & greet photos w/ the WWE Superstars during their recent visit in manila last july 2009 then i highly suggest you may want to check out throwbackchampion's WWE DVD & Memorabilia Collection Blog.

    He has all the photos along w/ the WWE Stars in Manila & Autographs of them you may view them thru his website at http://throwbackchampion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi if your looking for some meet & greet photos w/ the WWE Superstars during their recent visit in manila last july 2009 then i highly suggest you may want to check out throwbackchampion's WWE DVD & Memorabilia Collection Blog.

    He has all the photos along w/ the WWE Stars in Manila & Autographs of them you may view them thru his website at http://throwbackchampion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete